Assistant Residence Manager
Assistant Residence ManagerAchieve of NY
Binghamton, NY 13901
To protect the safety of the individuals we support and staff, ACHIEVE encourages employees to be current on all recommended vaccinations, including but not limited to: COVID-19. If you accept an offer of employment, you will be required to prove that you have received your 1st of the 2-shot vaccination series or 1 shot of the J&J COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated prior to your start date.
Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your work life? Do you want to help people discover their unique abilities, promote independence, create friendships, and make a difference every day? ACHIEVE has immediate openings for caring staff members who want to positively impact the people we serve!
Position: Assistant Residence Manager. This position is an entry level supervisory position and it provides an opportunity to gain experience and develop the skills necessary to advance in your human services career. Examples of career growth through this avenue include advancement into roles such as Program Managers and Division Managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Residence Manager will provide training, supervision and assistance to residents (people receiving services) with ADL skills and directly participate in daily household management. This position’s specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the subsequent items, and are characterized in the following five standards of performance, defined as below:
I. JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Train, supervise and direct Residence Aides while on shift that includes reporting any personnel related issues to the Residence Manager and/or program administration
- Provide training and assistance to residents in order to help them develop and/or improve personal care skills and independent living skills
- Develop, coordinate and provide opportunities for social/recreational activities
- Provide supervision to residents at the IRA and in the community as appropriate
- Provide training to residents with money management such as budgeting, banking and making appropriate purchases
- Responsible for the management of resident’s personal allowance in accordance with the agency’s financial procedures
- Intervene in crisis and/or emergency situations as needed following agency policy
- Provide first aid as needed in accordance with accepted practice
- Personally follow and ensure Residence Aides follow the mandatory steps relating to Medication Administration and documentation per certification, policy and procedures
- Supervise the diet and nutritional needs of each resident
- Provide as needed transportation or access to transportation
- Accompany residents to medical appointments as required followed by the completion of the required documentation and necessary follow-up
- Clean the IRA and contents as instructed by the supervisor
- Act as role model to residents and staff
- Perform fire drills followed by the completion of the required documentation along with reporting any difficulties with evacuating and/or equipment
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule that includes providing coverage on site or for emergencies as required
- Any additional duties as assigned
- Encourage and maintain a positive working relationship with all departments in the agency, parents, staff, resident and community partners
- Communicate all health, safety, resident and/or program concerns, sensitive situations and incidents to supervisor
- Participate in case conferences, screenings, discharge conferences and meetings as requested
- Complete required documentation in conformance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures and billing practices
- Perform documentation reviews to ensure records are maintained in conformance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures and billing practices
IV. COMPLIANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Identify and report any untoward incidents
- Identify, report and/or correct all safety hazards including physical plant problems and/or problem work practices and assist with investigating all work-related accidents as requested
- Participate in any investigations as required
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations along with agency policies and practices
V. TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Obtain and maintain required training certifications that include: First Aid, CPR, SCIP, Medication Administration Certification, and etc.
- Attend all required training, staff development programs and staff/agency meetings as required by the agency and/or State and Federal regulations
Possess good interpersonal, written, oral, and communication abilities and effective time management/organizational skills
Able to work scheduled hours that may include mandatory overtime, weekend and/or holiday timeframes. Also maintain an acceptable work attendance as defined in the agency’s Employee Manual.
Be computer literate with knowledge in agency operating systems and applicable software required for department needs.
Able to generate and present comprehensive written reports and respond to questions about the report.
Demonstrate sound judgment in normal work and emergency situations
Must physically be able to perform required certifications and lift fifty (50) pounds
Possess a valid driver’s license acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
Associates Degree with two (2) years of experience working with the OPWDD population preferred
A combination of education and experience that in the opinion of the reviewing agency, exceeds the above standards of the program
ACHIEVE is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package. All benefits are available to full-time employees hired to work 30 or more hours per week.
- Medical: Generous Employer Contribution
- Dental: choice of 2 plans – Generous Employer Contribution
- Vision: choice of 2 plans
- Group Term Life Insurance – 100% Company Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Company Paid
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – 100% Company Paid
- 401-K Retirement Plan
- Cellular Telephone Discounts
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays – 11
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Several VOLUNTARY Plans available, such as Medical Bridge Plan, Critical Illness Protection, Accident Indemnity, Short Term Disability, Optional Term Life Insurance
Watch the video below to learn more about a career as a Direct Support Professional.