Financial AdvisorM&T Bank
Serves as an advisor to provide an advice-based approach to financial solutions for an assigned book of business. Actively solicits new and existing investments and insurance solutions from mass affluent customer segment, primarily Retail and Business Banking. Works with Investment Advisors, Fiduciary Advisors, Community partners, Wealth/WISD and Mortgage to deliver advice-based solutions and alternative investment and insurance solutions catered to the individualized needs of each customer and with the client’s best interest in mind.
- Based on individualized needs analysis, prepare recommendations for customized financial solutions to current and potential Bank customers and their portfolios, to meet their needs and with their best interests in mind; offer an array of products and services best suited to meet those needs; sell and close these independently. Profile customers and deliver recommendations to ensure these needs are met. Use sales tools and modules to conduct the analysis and offer the best advice and products and customer understanding of solutions in a moderately complex level of suitability within defined standard procedures, regulatory requirements and in support of the best interests of each customer.
- Deliver a diversified set of brokerage, investment and insurance and advice-based solutions with a mindset to meet the individualized investment needs of current and potential Bank customers for the mass affluent segment, utilizing experts in , Carriers, Wholesalers in Insurance and Managed Accounts, as necessary.
- Utilize COIs (Centers of Influence) to offer a diversified set of solutions and full scope of investment products and services to meet the best interest of clients and within regulatory requirements.
- Increase assets under management by offering investment and insurance solutions to clients and leveraging partnerships in Retail, Business Banking and Wealth to increase referrals.
- Provide services by advising the customer on the advantages and disadvantages of different product decisions in alignment with their individual needs.
- Coach and mentor less experienced Financial Advisors, Licensed Bankers and Business Banking staff to ensure quality investment and insurance referrals.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals for assigned Market, while meeting individual client needs and complying with pertinent policies and regulations.
- Maintain customer appointment activity log on a weekly basis, to substantiate advisory and referral activity; follow-up on activity levels of all products to meet or exceed expectations.
- Maintain and build referral channel and develop strong partnerships with Retail branch, Business Banking and Wealth partners to ensure investment needs of current and potential customers in assigned Market and/or branches are met or exceeded.
- Work with Retail, Business Banking, Community Bank and Wealth through ongoing account reviews and re-evaluation of customer needs
- Deliver a high quality customer service experience during each customer interaction through a complete understanding of sales process, policies and licensing requirements to contribute to the attraction, retention and expansion of client relationships.
- Ensure accuracy in completing required paperwork to comply with standard procedures, regulatory requirements and firm policies.
- Serve as a primary PIC (Supervisor/Person-in-Charge) to lead and manage customer relationships to bring the full spectrum of investment and insurance solutions to each client based on their individualized needs.
- Regularly review customer information to ensure compliance with BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and KYC (Know
Your Customer) requirements to protect Bank interests. Address issues of non-compliance by requesting additional information from the client and updating the remediation tool in the appropriate system.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
M&T Securities is a Broker Dealer that provides investments, brokerage and insurance solutions across the Wealth continuum. This position delivers individualized needs-based investment and insurance solutions to clients, primarily in the mass affluent segment of less than $3mm in investible assets. This position spends the majority of time growing the business through proactive sales activities driven first from an individualized analysis of each customer’s needs, and then recommending the products best suited to meet those individualized needs. As such, the position must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist in managing client complaints and preventable losses.
Education and Experience Required:
Combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ investment or insurance sales experience
FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 licenses
Pertinent state Life/Variable Insurance (LAH) licenses
Education and Experience Preferred:
Previous trust/fiduciary product, Financial Planning , Managed Accounts or insurance experience
CFP (Certified Financial Planner ), CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) and/or ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) designation